Concrete is abundant and readily available across Australia, through an extensive and dependable supply chain, making it a particularly affordable and accessible construction material. Local sourcing of Concrete and its constituents enables these materials to be used most effectively to build Australia’s housing, hospitals, schools, and public infrastructure needs.
Benefits of local sourcing include:
- Security and availability of supply
- Reduced transport related emissions
- Responsible sourcing – using local products helps to ensure the environmental and social impacts of specific construction projects can be well understood and managed. It can also provide more comfort that these materials are ethically sourced.
- Economic and social benefit to local Australians and their communities
- Better engagement on Concrete mix design